BK-I LIMITED TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of sale will apply to the sales.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
bk-i.co.uk is a site operated by BK-I Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10886414 and have our registered office at Ink Rooms Unit 2.05, 25-37 Easton St. Clerkenwell, WC1X 0DS, London UK. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
You must be 18 or over to register with our site.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. One registration per person.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, and any account, at any time, in our sole discretion.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the license of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of sale.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, such as the mood board feature, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We shall only use, copy, distribute and disclose such content to third parties as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
“BK-I” is a trade mark of BK-I Limited.
These website terms and conditions were last updated on October 2021.
BK-I Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BK-I Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2021.
ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
We, BK-I Limited, are a private limited company, registered in England and Wales with registered company number 10886414.
If you need to contact us about the contents of this notice, or to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, you can contact us using the below details:
ADDRESS: Ink Rooms Unit 2.05, 25-37 Easton St. Clerkenwell, WC1X 0DS, London UK
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you (depending on the circumstances). We have grouped together these types of personal information as follows:
- IDENTITY AND CONTACT DATA: including your name, address, email address and job title;
- ACCOUNT DATA: if you register for an account with us and make use of certain features on our website, such as our mood board, we will collect information that you upload or post to this account;
- NEWSLETTER AND MARKETING PREFERENCES: we will receive details of your newsletter and marketing preferences if you sign up to receive any newsletters or marketing via the website;
- ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US: This may include, for example, any information you include in correspondence with us, or information that we gather when you attend one of our events or respond to a survey of promotion, such as your preferences and interests.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- TO PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR SERVICES: we will use the details you provide us in order to arrange and carry out any services for you, for example, to fulfil any orders you place or to arrange for you to attend one of our events;
- TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT: if you are provided with an account to access the website or use certain features on our website such as our mood board, we will use the details provided on your account registration form to create and maintain an account;
- TO SEND YOU NEWS AND MARKETING UPDATES: We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. These promotional emails might be generic or sent to you in particular based on information we have gathered from your use of features on our website, such as the mood board functionality. We will also send you information about our news and events;
- TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE: we may use your information in order to provide users with access to our website in a manner convenient and optimal. This may involve sharing information with our website hosts and developers, and IT support providers. We may also use your details to deal with enquiries or complaints about the website;
- TO CONDUCT RESEARCH AND ANALYTICS: we may use data analytics to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our website in order to improve our website, marketing, products and services, and user relationships and experiences. From time to time, we may also contact you for market research purposes so that we can customize the website according to your interests;
- COMPLIANCE WITH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND LAWS: we may use your personal information to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of others, and share your information with our technical and legal advisors; and
LAWFUL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES LISTED ABOVE ON THE BASIS OF:
- performance of your contract with us;
- your consent (where we request it);
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- our legitimate interests. Where we use your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests don’t automatically override yours and we won’t use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to the section titled ‘Your rights below.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above, and in addition to the recipients of your information as described above, we may share your personal information when relevant with third parties such as:
- MARKETING PARTIES: any named or defined third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes;
- OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS: service providers we work with to manage our website or to provide you with a product or service, such as our suppliers and contractors;
- REGULATORS AND GOVERNMENTAL BODIES: tax authorities, regulators, governmental bodies and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
- OTHER THIRD PARTIES: any other third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of individuals, or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not routinely transfer your personal data outside of the UK or EEA. However, if we need to, for example, if we use a web service provider in the United States, we will ensure that appropriate levels of protection are afforded to your personal data by implementing one of the following data transfer solutions:
- We will transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission (or the UK regulators). For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries;
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission (or the UK regulators) which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries; and
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe/the UK and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website;
- ANALYTICAL/PERFORMANCE COOKIES. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information, as we seek to do in this privacy notice;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
- the right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect;
- the right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information, where we have relied on your consent to use your information, which you can do by contacting us using any of the details at the top of this privacy notice;
- the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- in certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (or request that we transfer this to another service provider) in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format;
- in certain circumstances, the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you; and
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the privacy or data protection authority in your place of work or residence.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise your rights above by contacting us using the details in the ‘About us and how to contact us’ section of this privacy notice above, or in the case of preventing processing for marketing activities also by checking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your data to tell us that you don’t want to be involved in marketing.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO PROCESS YOUR REQUESTS
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to enable you to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.